Inventory Management: Creating Products
Managing Product Inventory in Cultivera POS
Product defines what inventory gets assigned to. The information assigned to any product will reflect what inventory details will appear at the point of sale terminal.
Creating a Product is the process of recording base information for an item you carry in the shop.
Every state has specific rules for what product information needs to be recorded and assigned correctly. Cultivera POS has implemented many features to facilitate both client and state product standards.
Please note you will need the following completed in the User Interface to be able to utilize this data field: Vendor, Brand, Price, Profile, Strain, and Category
Creating New Products
To create a new product, follow these steps:
- Log in to Cultivera Backoffice.
- Check that the Location is set to the correct license by clicking the arrow icon in the top right corner of the screen, then use the drop down to make sure the right location is selected.
- Navigate to Inventory Management > Products page.
Filter will default to hiding "Not Available" and "Discontinued" products. Use filter bar and check or uncheck desired display options to search for products.
- Select the green “Add New Product” button.
"Add Product Variant" adds a variation of an existing product.
- Enter required product information and details, marked with asterisks.
- The following list defines the data set options and their purpose:
- “Product Name” is the internal name, displayed in the back office and at terminal.
- “Receipt Name” is customer-facing product name.
- “Description” is the product information to display when searching the product, both in the back office and at the terminal.
- “Add an Image” allows you to upload a saved picture of the product.
- Product Features, with check boxes at the bottom left hand corner, are important product identifiers. The system defaults to what is most common, but options include:
- “Product is Tax Exempt” means no tax is applied to this product.
- “Product is Cannabis Product” means the product is cannabis-based. *Uncheck if creating a non-cannabis product.*
- “Product is non-depletable” means the product is not able to become depleted.
- “Make Available” makes the product available to inventory assignment.
- “Product is Pre-Packaged” means the product comes already ready to sell. *Unchecking this makes the product a bulk time at the terminal, sold by weight.*
- “Use Price Model” means a price model is set in Administration. Price models are pricing tiers that allow for a rate of price decrease with weight increase.
- “Sales Price” sets the price per unit.Unit is defined by Package Size/Content Unit of Measurement further down on the product details page.
If “Use Price Model” is selected, a drop down menu of available price models will be displayed.
- “Inventory Type” is a state-defined assignment for product transfer and sales tracking. Inventory types are uploaded during onboarding.Package Size/Content Unit of Measurement type must match the inventory type’s state restriction limits.
- “Category” is the product category created and listed in Administration. This is shop defined, for sales tracking.
- “Brand” is the company that is printed on the package. Ideally this is the company that the customer should identify the product with.
- “Reorder Level” and “Reorder Units” is a feature that is *not live* as of 3/15. In the future, this feature will allow users to make an automatic reorder list.
- “Package Size/Content Unit of Measurement” is defining the weight of the product. Types of UOM will change with the Inventory Type that is assigned. Please review your states compliance UOM with it’s matching inventory types.
- “Strain” is the pre-created name of strain for assignments. To add a strain, Navigate to Administration.
- “Tags” are keywords or labels for easy identification, and can be assigned to products for quick product searching.
- “Type” defines the product’s strain type.
Once the required information is completed to the shop’s standards, the green Save button will appear at the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the green Save button to Save product.
To Add a Variant click "Add Variant." See Product Variant written material to utilize Variant product structure correctly.