Products - Adding And Cloning Products
Adding And Cloning Products
The Inventory Management > Products tab shows a catalog-style view of existing products, including images, test results, and inventory information for every product in your Cultivera PRO system.
Most of your products will have already been created by our team (or synced down from your state traceability system) during the onboarding process.
While you can also view and update existing products from Inventory Management > Manage Menu, you’ll need to navigate to Inventory Management > Products in order to “Add New Product” or view Discontinued products. You can also create new products by Cloning an existing one, which can be done from the Product Detail page of any existing product.
Adding A New Product
To begin adding a completely new product:
- Navigate to Inventory Management > Products.
- Click the “+Add New Product” button, which will open a dialog box with multiple fields for you to fill in.
- Enter product information. Certain required fields are noted a red asterisk and must be completed prior to creating the product.*
Once all the required fields have been populated:
- Click “Create” in the bottom right corner to finish the process.
The new product will then be accessible in both the Products and Manage Menu pages.
Cloning Existing Products
Again, the Add New process is useful for creating completely new products in your system.
If you already have a similar product in your system, cloning the existing product and editing the “cloned” copy can save time and effort.
To use the Clone feature:
- Navigate to the Product Detail page for the product you want to clone (either by clicking the Product Name seen on the Manage Menu and Products pages, or by clicking the little eyeball icon next to the Product Name seen on the Batches page).
- Once on the Product Detail page, you can Select the yellow “Clone Product” button in the top-right (pictured below) to start a “New Product” creation.
This will create a product with all the fields copied from the product you cloned.
- At this point all you have to do is Edit the fields that should be different (such as strain, package size, etc.);
- Then Select “Create” to save your changes.
If you have any questions on this, or any other, workflow in Cultivera PRO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.