Users - Create User Roles
Creating User Roles
Every new user in Cultivera Pro gets assigned a Role upon creation. User roles dictate an employee’s intended responsibilities and system access level.
Roles are created in the Configuration module on the Roles tab:
- Navigate to Configuration > Roles
- Select “+ Add New Role” to begin.
- On the following screen, enter the name and description for the new role.
- Once you are finished, click the “floppy disk” icon (💾) to save.
- After you have saved the new role, you will be taken to a screen where you can assign Permissions to it.
This will determine what aspects of the system users in this role will be allowed to access. New roles have all permissions set to “Deny” by default.
Generally, “manager” or “admin” roles will need all permissions allowed to them. However, a grower or sales staff member may not need to alter security or certain configuration parameters.