Batches - Working With Barcodes
Working With Batch Barcodes
Barcodes can be used in Cultivera to find Batches and can be useful when adding test results, reconciling inventory, or putting an order together.
In many cases, copying and pasting these barcodes prevents the need to type the numbers manually, and ensures consistency when performing searches.
Copying Batch Barcodes
Two methods can be used to copy batch barcodes from the Batches screen:
- To copy a single barcode, click the “copy” icon that looks like two overlapping sheets of paper located just to the right of the Barcode.
- Once selected, you will see a “Copied to Clipboard” message in green near the top left of your screen.
- You may paste the barcode into any text field by pressing “Ctrl + V” on your keyboard, or by right-clicking into the text field and selecting the “Paste” option.
- To copy multiple barcodes, right-click on a range of selected batches and select the “Copy Barcode to Clipboard” option.
- Once selected you will see a “Selected Barcodes Copied to Clipboard” message near the top left of your screen.
- You may paste the barcodes into any text field by pressing “Ctrl + V” on your keyboard, or by right-clicking into a text field and selecting the “Paste” option. Tip: Copy/Paste barcodes from any Excel export into the "Scan Barcodes" field, seen below.
Searching For Barcodes
One use for this is if you’d like to limit your Batches to just the barcodes you’ve copied for the purposes of filling an order.
To do this, click on the “Scan Barcodes” tool at the top of the Batches page, which looks like four boxes inside of a grey circle, pictured below.
You can paste as many barcodes as you like then press “Enter” to perform a search. Once you’ve narrowed down the list to just the batches you want to work with you can select them and apply any of the commands accessed from the right-click menu. This can include making inventory adjustments or creating a cart for a sales order.